Prospective Marriage Visa
Eligibility Criteria for a Prospective Marriage Visa:
- You and your fiancé have met in person and known to each other since you both reached age of 18
- Your fiancé must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- You are engaged and intend to get married within the nine months of the grant of the visa
- You are in genuine relationship with your fiancé, you live together or intend to live together as spouses
- Both you and your fiancé must be aged 18 years or over
- Meet health and character requirements
Prospective Marriage Visa requires you to be outside Australia at time of application and at time of decision.
You are required to include details of all your family members in your application form whether they are migrating or not.
Prospective marriage Visa validity period is 9 months.
- Enter Australia before you marry your fiancé
- Multiple travel
- Work and study in Australia
- Apply for a Partner Visa upon marrying your fiancé within 9 months
If you are considering applying for a Prospective Marriage visa and wish to discuss your options we would be delighted to assist you.