General Eligibility Criteria for all child visa subclasses:
- you must be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa
- you must be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
- you must be single (never married or been in a de-facto relationship) and dependent on the parent
- must meet health and character requirements
Subclass 101 – Child (Migrant) – must be outside Australia at time of application and at time of decision
Subclass 802 – Child (Residence) – must be in Australia at time of application and at time of decision
Subclass 445 (Dependent Child Visa) – Temporary – this visa can be lodged onshore or offshore.
The child must be dependent on a parent who holds a:
- Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
- Partner visa (subclass 820)
- Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
The child must apply to be added to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application when they have been granted this 445 visa.
If the child is in Australia, they can’t hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition.
Subclass 102 Adoption Visa General Eligibility criteria
- have been under 18 years of age when adopted & both at time of application and time of decision
- be outside Australia when the application is submitted
- be adopted or in the process of being adopted by their sponsor parent who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and is at least 18 years of age.
- Meet health and character requirements
- The sponsorship is approved by the Department of Home Affairs
Are you considering lodging a child visa application? We can help you prepare and submit your application. Aus Visa Solutions brings family together.